Seiler Tucker Privacy Notice
Seiler Tucker and its subsidiaries respects your privacy and is committed to handling your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice (“Notice”).
This Notice lets you know the types of information we collect about you or that you may provide to us, including when you visit
Seiler Tucker’s websites (i.e.,www.seilertucker.com), our “Website” or “Websites”, and our practices for using, disclosing, protecting, and sharing that information.
This Notice was last updated on January 1, 2020.
This Notice applies to information we collect on our Websites, in emails, other electronic messages between you and Seiler Tucker, information you provide to us, and information we collect when you use an online service through our Website.
This Notice does not apply to information collected by any third party or affiliate, including through any application or content, including advertising, which may link to or be accessible from our Website. Seiler Tucker is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites. This Notice also does not apply to information collected via Seiler Tucker’s products and software.
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. This Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice) so please check the Notice periodically for updates. If there are any material changes to this Notice, we will notify you as required by applicable law.
Children Under the Age of 16. Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on our Website, including providing any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we have any information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us (see Help below).
Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
We collect information about you in many ways and some of the information we collect may include personal information that can be used to identify you. Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we collect, and have collected within the last twelve months, the following categories of information:
|A||Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Y|
|B||Consumer Records||A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.Some PI in this category may overlap with other categories.||Y|
|C||Protected Classification||Characteristics of protected classifications under federal law (i.e., age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||N|
|D||Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||N|
|E||Biometric Information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||N|
|F||Internet or other similar activity||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.||Y|
|G||Geolocation Data||Physical location or movements.||N1|
|H||Sensory Data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||N|
|I||Professional or employment related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||N2|
|J||Non-public education information||Education information including the name or address of a student or family members, student number, date or place of birth, mother’s maiden name, handwriting, or other information that could identify a student with reasonable certainty (see 34 C.F.R. 99.3 (definitions of “personally identifiable information” and “biometric record”) and records directly related to a student maintained by an educational agency/institution, such as, grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||N3|
|K||Inferences drawn from other PI||Profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||N|
1We do not use any process or technique to derive from a device information regarding the physical location or movements of a consumer. We do, however, collect an individual’s address as an identifier of the consumer’s residence.
2We do not track employment related information from consumers, however, some of our forms may ask a consumer to enter their job title and current employer.
3Some of our forms may ask a consumer to enter the name of the school they are attending.
We obtain this information from the following sources:
Information you provide to us voluntarily. In general, you can visit our Website without providing any information other than the information we collect automatically. There are times, however, when we may need information from you. You may choose to give us personal information in a variety of situations. For example, we may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, billing and financial information, or other information you may provide when you contact us about our services, engage with our Website to register to use or use any of our services, when you submit a form to contact us, when you register for an event, or request a paper or other information from us.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information, you may not be able to take advantage of certain features of our services, participate in our events, or receive information from us.
We may also ask for your personal information when you express an interest in employment opportunities by submitting an application to us. The information we collect will be apparent at the time you are submitting your application and we will use this information to evaluate your candidacy for employment.
Information from third parties. We may collect information from a third party that we may use to market our product and services to you. We do not share information obtained from such third parties outside of Seiler Tucker.
How Do We Use This Information
Seiler Tucker may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including when you fill out a form requesting information from us.
- To improve our Website and our products and services.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service information and offerings relevant to your interests or location, including providing such information or offer via email.
- To register you to attend an event or webinar, which may include helping us to plan, coordinate, and host such events, and analyzing your interests in and interactions with the event.
- If you visit our offices, we may register you as a visitor.
- Seiler Tucker may receive information about you from other sources, including from third parties. We may combine this information with other information provided by you which helps us to update and expand our records, identify new customers, and tailor our advertising and marketing communications.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Website, products and services, and databases.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or for which you consent.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users or clients/customers/other name? is among the assets being transferred.
If you are submitting information on behalf of a third party (for example, registering a fellow employee for a webinar or conference), Seiler Tucker expects that you have received appropriate consent, according to applicable privacy laws, before transferring any personal information to Seiler Tucker.
We will not collect additional categories of information or use the information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your Rights and Choices
Accessing Your Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Seiler Tucker disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose,
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for business-to-business personal information.
Requesting Deletion of Information
You have the right to request that Seiler Tucker delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for business-to-business personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling+1 844.421.3560
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include your name and email address;
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, which may include either a screen shot of the information or a pdf.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We do not share your information with a third party unless you complete a form. The form will be self-evident regarding the information collected, the purpose for the collection, and how the information will be shared. If you do not agree to the sharing of such information, you should not complete and submit the form as the form’s submission will act as an “opt-in” for the sharing of such information.
Under the CCPA, if you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”).
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to sharing personal information by filling out a form with the requested information and submitting that form.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use your personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. We will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
Seiler Tucker reserves the right to change this Notice. If we decide to make changes, we will post the updated notice on our website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and the circumstances, if any, we disclose it. The date this Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring that we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our website and the Notice to check for any changes. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes acceptance of such changes. Where required by applicable data protection laws, we will also seek your consent to any material changes that affect how we use your information.